Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Illustration Friday - Midsummer Night

I was needing a little inspiration for this word prompt, and I knew the dictionary would be less than helpful for this particular word, so I stepped outside. It was about that time when the sun has started to set, when it's about halfway down, and the bright blue sky is starting to mix with the orangey glow of the setting sun. I immediately thought "complementary colors!" which I guess is what happens when you've been in art mode all week. Anyway, it was really pretty (and it is kind of mid-summer) so I thought it'd be apropos. Watercolor seemed like the best way to show the pretty, mixed colors. 

4 comments:

  1. I reall like your use of water colors. you did a really good job on that. I also think the sunset look really goog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blended watercolors to make the sunset look better. Also, I really like how you just walked outside and used that as your inspiration. Nice work Blaire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome water color effects with this. I like the effect the blending of the colors gives.

    ReplyDelete